Step-by-Step Cookie Syncing Process
Following steps describes the cookie syncing process:
1. The SSP receives an Ad Request from the Publisher.
2. Upon receiving the Ad Request, the Ad gets served by the Vertoz DSP.
3. Vetoz DSP uses SSP’s cookies sync URL and replaces the Cookie ID with the macros, which helps identify that particular user.
4. When the user visits the site again, using the earlier stored Cookie ID, the user can be identified.
5. SSP sends Ad request to Vertoz DSP with BuyerUID, using the Cookies, Vertoz can identify and retarget again in the future.
Following diagram describes the cookie syncing process:
Redirect URL used for cookie syncing:
¨ parameter d is the Id of Supply Side Partner.
¨ parameter user is the Supply Side Partner’s cookie Id.
Expectation from SSP Side
When the Ad gets loaded, the cookie app gets called and if the user is already existing then it is replaced with macros, if not, then a new cookieID is generated and passed on to the end point. The ADM includes the cookie URL. After adding the cookie Id, SSP has to redirect to that URL from the same user end(browser).